Monday, January 5

New Year's Resolutions!

     This year I decided I wasn't going to have a big and important New Year's resolutions because I always seem to either forget them right away or I break them in the beginning, which discourages me to continue.  Also, sometimes I think it is more fulfilling to set a goal on a random day because it's not something in a way forced, but more of a choice for self betterment.  However, recently because of the spirit of New Year's I have tried to think about things that I need to personally work on.  One thing in particular I want to concentrate on is to stop my negative behavior.  Whether or not it may be talking rudely about someone or not believing in myself, I feel that I need to work on my optimism.  I always think the worst of a situation or about my abilities, and I sometimes blow it out of proportion.  I think to accomplish this I need to make sure that I always think before I speak out loud.  ANd I should think about my positive qualities rather than my negative ones.  On a smaller note, I am going to try and wear my retainer more often because I know I couldn't stand having braces for a third time.  To accomplish this I have to try and not be as lazy, which could be considered another personal goal of mine.

     Happy Belated New Years!

6 comments:

Bill said...

Well said--many resolutions are easily broken. Good luck with yours, though!

steve y said...

"Also, sometimes I think it is more fulfilling to set a goal on a random day because it's not something in a way forced, but more of a choice for self betterment."

- I completely agree, and I was actually going to say something exactly like this. The New Year has no true significance whatsoever other than just the fact that the calendar has hit 1/1. People force themselves to make goals, and thus, end up not following them. When a goal is made just out of the blue, it means that you truly want to accomplish it because there was no motivation other than just wanting to achieve it. Well said :)

jess m. said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Billy Willy!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh jessica...I'm so proud of you! You finally finally admit it! Yay!!

Chloe said...

jess...lets be retainer buddies =D

jess m. said...

Oh that's some incentive! Thanks Clofoso!