Wednesday, January 21

Obama!

     For some reason, Blogger was not working yesterday so unfortunately I didn't get to post my feelings on the inauguration.  So, I am posting today.  Yesterday was an important day in history for many reasons, and it was a privilege to be alive during this time.  Thankfully we were allowed to get out of our fifth period class to watch it live from the auditorium and the gym.  Unfortunately, I have lunch fifth period so I had to hurry up and eat before coming in late to the already crowded gym.  Not only were the people around me uninterested, bored, and talking, but the computer kept on freezing while Obama was making his speech.  I felt it was a great honor to get to watch, but for some reason I expected more, even though I knew it wasn't going to be exciting.  I do have to say that Obama did make a great speech in my opinion.  I find it very interesting that the person who helped him write his speech is only twenty-seven years old and Obama and the speech writer collaborated as nicely as written in a newspaper article.  Overall, I am looking forward to the next four years because I think the US need some of the changes that Obama is promising.  I do know that it's going to be very difficult and we shouldn't expect results right away, but I hope Obama is going to be the change the US needs and that we aren't going to be criticizing all of his moves before they all play out.

3 comments:

steve y said...

I agree: we should not be criticizing all of his moves before they all play out. But on the other hand, we also should not praise, overhype, and anoint him as a great president (as many in the media are doing) before he does anything either because it will create unrealistic expectations for him as President.

Bill said...

I agree. Though we need something to uplift our spirits we cannot put all our hope into Obama. We must wait and not judge him too quickly. Only time will tell if he is a great president.

jess m. said...

Exactly!